10.26.2011

Baking:impecable rice crispy treats

I know it's a bit over the top and ridiculous to claim such a thing, but I think (and have several enthusiastic taste testers to back me up on this) that these were the best rice crispy treats. Ever. A combination of tried and true methods created this delicious monstrosity. Methods which boil down to two very important words: more butter. Twice as much butter in fact. And in addition I used less rice crispies than the traditional box recipes calls for. This allows for more space in which the marshmallow and butter combo can be gooey and buttery and delicious.
And I packaged some of them up all cute for friends because who doesn't want a surprise tower of delightfully autumnal treats?!

Bottom line, double the butter and cut the cereal by a third and you have perfection. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment