12.29.2011

making: zipper pins

I was playing around with a hot glue gun and when I started to glue up some old abandoned zippers that I had lying around. They were old and metal and not very reliable in how well they would zip and unzip so I had tossed them aside instead of using them in any of my sewing projects. But I liked the shiny teeth and the pattern they made when wrapped in a spiral.

So I glued a few of them together and cut a bit of vinyl to cover up the loose threads on the back and keep them tidy.

Then I attached a pin to the back so that I could wear them.

I like that they remind me of gears of mechanical bits of some kind.

And while I like any brooch well enough on it's own, they always seem to be a little bit happier when they've got company.

No comments:

Post a Comment