4.17.2012

Making:bridal chickens

Sorry for the absence again. No real point in my grovelling apologies, it just happened my computer was hospitalized again. Critical and near fatal after two agonizing weeks without I have my technological safety blanket back.
However do not fall under the false impression that due to lack of computer nothing was happening in my world. I have actually been getting up to all sorts of shenanigans. The biggest and most exciting project I am unfortunately not able to discuss at this time but I did have some fun with rubber chickens!!!

A bachelorette party is swift approaching and my friend called upon me to make some party favors, decorations etc for the event. One idea was to decorate a rubber chicken (due to personal significance, long story)and I though, I can do you one better, get me two rubber chickens and I will make little bride and groom accessories. I mean, bridal chickens has such a nice ring to it right?!
This project resulted in what was probably the most entertaining supply buying excursion I've ever experienced. Me and my friend wandered around Joanne fabrics bemoaning the fact that they did not have an impressive enough array of glitter options. Then we stood at the cutting table where we had asked the assistant for 1/8th of a yard of white sparkly tulle, and when she asked if it would be enough I said "oh yes that's more than enough for a nice full skirt" and when the woman gave me the you're crazy look, I said "it's for a rubber chicken" Much hilarity ensues.

So I got my supplies, and sat down at my desk and made a tiny rubber chicken hat. It was so cute everthing sort of snowballed from there. If the rubber chicken had a hat and his vest needed tuxedo lapels and rhinestone buttons. Then I felt something was still missing so I made a bow tie for his scrawny chicken neck. Perfect. The bride got a full ballarina skirt and a star hairpiece with veil to match the theme of the batchlorettes (more on that later).




My friend who will be bringing this cute couple to Las Vegas for the main even is over the moon excited with them. I think they look a bit like Abe Lincoln and Giselle but they are so clearly in love that it's perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment