6.16.2010

can i say yum?!

Remember this empty shell I mentioned and said may be filled with something exciting?

.
.
.
.
.
.
Here it is!

Cheesecake new york style. This was my first time constructing a crust in a spring form pan instead of a traditional pie dish, and I made a shortbread cookie dough and pressed it into the pan and pre-baked it then poured melted bittersweet chocolate over the whole mess and let it cool in the fridge for a spell before filling it with, well, the filling. A sort of simple cheesecake filling, with sour cream and beat egg whites and vanilla and almost no sugar. Very yummy when I taste-tested and fingers crossed, I threw that glorious pie of crazy into my oven and hoped for the best.

Unfortunately it did crack a bit in the middle, but the rest set so well that I just covered the whole thing is sliced strawberries and laughed it off. Plus then I tasted a slice and forgot about any cracked filling (what crack?) cause it was so darn delicious it was difficult to think anything else. I know it's bad form to say yum about your own food but hey this was fantastic so I said yum and I'll say it again.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment