8.03.2011

baking: sweet pea pesto


I wanted something for dinner that was bright and summery, and who doesn't have a bag or two of frozen peas hanging out in the freezer, so I decided to make some pesto. With peas. (and garlic, lemon and basil)

It is one of the easiest things I have ever made. Take one bag of frozen peas, and add a large bunch of basil, the juice of half a lemon, chopped garlic, and olive oil. Then throw it all in the Cuisinart and blend it all up.

I suppose you could use a blender too. As to amounts of ingredients, it is really all dependent on taste (how lemon-y or garlic-y you want your pesto for instance). And the more olive oil you use the thinner a pesto it will be.
I served mine with pasta mixed with fresh veggies and bacon but it would be just as good as a dip or on crustini's. And it defiantly tasted like summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment