1.19.2011

whats for dinner : Sweet Potato Curry

So curry, and really most middle eastern inspired dishes in general, are not the most lovely to photograph, nor do they always look that appetizing, but they are so often what I crave. This time I was also craving a baked sweet potato so I decided to throw that in with the other vegetables. It actually worked remarkably well, the sweet potato's really breaking down until they just became part of the sauce and mixed with the coconut milk and all the spices to make a much thicker sauce than I am usually want to produce. Super yummy and I always like an orange colored meal in the winter, reminds me that someday it will be a color other than gray outside. Wishful thinking.

Oh there are also green beans and chicken in this curry, and white rice cooked with coconut milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment