9.29.2011

baking: cocktails

okay so beverages of an alcoholic nature aren't really baking, but the mixology process does feel similarly precarious and specific. And I was doing a lot of this during the summer. For my job of course. This was work after all, I wasn't just sitting around being a lush. I HAD to do this. These are just a few pictures I happened to capture but there were many MANY drinks that were concocted during the long quiet periods, and or whenever I wandered into the walk-in refrigerator and saw something that looked like it would benefit from being mixed with some booze. I will add a few recipes from my notes at the end.
Here we have the Jens kick-in-the-pants:

Pollyanna

Orange/Rosemary sparkler

aaaaaaaaand the Five Dollar Margaret. No I didn't make this last drink up, but a friend found the recipe online and I just had to try it. Cause of my name and all. And it had Kahlua so it couldn't be totally terrible right?


Five Dollar Margaret
1 oz Amaretto
1 oz Chambord
1 oz Kahlua
2 oz Cream
Shake all ingredients with ice until frothy. Serve over ice with optional cherry garnish.

Pollyanna
3 slices orange
3 large chunks pineapple
2 oz gin\
1/2 oz sweet vermouth
1/2 tsp grenadine
Muddle orange and pineapple in the bottom of a shaker. Add other ingredients and ice and shake well. Serve over ice with orange, pineapple and cherry garnish.
And of course, it goes without saying but..... please drink responsibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment