12.12.2011

baking: various cookies!

I have been baking cookies frequently these days. I don't know if the crafting makes me crave cookies, or if while there are cookies in the oven, filling a house with their terribly lovely aroma I feel the desire to make crafty things but the two appear to have an indecipherable symbiotic relationship. And therefore as previously stated I've made lots of cookies recently.
Like these soft and chewy chocolate chip peanut butter delights.

Or some double chocolate toffee crunch crisps.

There are also these coconut chocolate chunk cookies, they seemed like a perfect marriage of a macaroon and a traditional chocolate chip cookie, with that toasty coconut flavor and toothiness throughout making a super delicious new hybrid cookie.
Luckily with these last ones (which were deemed by a fellow gluten free consumer-of-cookies to be the best cookies they had ever had) I wrote down up what I had done so that I was able to remake them exactly.

Coconut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
1 stick softened butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup rice flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1tsp xanthum gum
1tsp baking powder
1 1/2cups fine shredded coconut
1 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup chopped chocolate chunks
Combine all ingredients until wet and dry are well integrated. Form into tablespoon sized rounds and flatten onto greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 min and upon removing from the oven allow to cool as initially they will be very crumbly.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment