10.18.2011

making: all hallows costume part 2

So I really wanted to do a pretty bright red shoe with my all white nurse's costume, but I did not want to break the bank on my costume so I had to figure out a way to do the shoes for free. And I had a pair of odd brown shoes that I did not care about but are actually rather comfortable so....Enter spray paint stage right.
First I cut off the awkward Maryjane straps and then I sprayed them with several coats of white spray paint.

Then I hit them with another couple of coats of bright red. And when the shoes were completely dry I made an ankle strap out of red vinyl I had lying around and the buckles of the old Maryjane straps. I hot glued them into the heels of the shoes. And voila!

Also, I felt that I needed some sort of accessory, and since stethoscope says doctor more than nurse, I landed on a syringe. But how to make one? Why get a ear mold material applicator from my moms audiology office, and paint numbers on the side.

So here I am, just a bit more than a week out from that special day and everything is pulling together well. I can't wait to see the whole thing together, and here's wishing good candy corn and glitter thoughts that everyone else's costumes turn out super fantastically!!

No comments:

Post a Comment